Salmon on a chalkboard…..or a better recipe title is Broiled Salmon with Thai Sweet Chili and not plated on a chalkboard!
Super easy is this one!! The salmon fillets are briefly marinated in Thai sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and grated fresh ginger, then broiled until caramelized on top. Doesn’t get much easier and it looks oh so elegant! Also very good with Steve’s Salsa Verde sauce and balsamic glaze on the side.
4-6 salmon fillets
6-8 T of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce (Mae Ploy or Thai Kitchen are good)
3 T soy sauce (I use gluten free tamari sauce)
1 T peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
Scallions or chives, chopped fine
- Set the oven to broil.
- Make the marinade by combining the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and ginger.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil. Place the salmon fillets, skin side down on the foil.
- Brush about half of marinade on the fillets, and marinate for about one hour.
- Broil the salmon about 6-8 minutes or until browned in spots and done in the center.
- Transfer to a serving plate and pour the reserved sauce on top. Garnish with scallions or chives and serve.